Living Libations Everybody Loves the Sunshine with Zinc
Brand: Living Libations
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Suncare formula that masterly mixes zealous zinc with a bouquet of sun-skin harmonising botanicals to extend your outdoor play under the sun’s zenith and to keep your sun-kissed skin smooth and glowing.
Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Lotion is made with 20% non-nanoparticle uncoated zinc oxide and glorious sun-loving essences distilled from plants that evolved to grow best in full sun. Providing a pure, luxurious sun-shade for days and days of summertime play, if you long for a whole day spent in the sun then this botanical canopy is just the ticket!
It is the same delectable sun-harmonising formula as Everybody Loves the Sunshine Oil, with the addition of non-nanoparticle uncoated zinc oxide. Uncoated zinc oxide helps shield the skin as the sun’s rays beat down upon your crown.
Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Lotion also contains five moisturising plant oils that are especially adept at harmonising the sun’s rays with our skin while providing a light, cooling canopy. High concentrations of sun-friendly flavonoids and carotenoids lend rich colors to some of these robust essences. It is a delightful for everyday serum for any type of skin – yes, even on the face.
And the best part – you’ll smell like summer fun! This melody is the same as Living Libations' classic Everybody Loves the Sunshine of tropical coconut, sweet flowers, warm spices and verdant flora. It’s the same sensual invitation to long, languid summer days that you know and love, just with the addition of zinc.
Shake Zinc Lotion gently before each use and apply a few generous squirts to exposed skin and be extra diligent with your nose, chin and shoulders.
Reapply at least every two hours and more frequently when the UV index is high and when you are sweating or swimming.
Please note that healthy time in the sun, and the time to reapply this zinc formula, ranges for everyone depending on their skin type, base tan level and geographical location. If your skin starts to feel warm, you will know it is time to reapply or seek shade.
What is zinc oxide? - Zinc oxide (ZnO) is an awesome option as a sunblock. It is a white, inorganic compound created from metallic zinc. Living Libations uses non-nanoparticle, uncoated, pharmaceutical-grade zinc oxide in Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Lotion as it is the purest form of zinc available.
Unlike nano-particle minerals and chemical sun blocks, zinc doesn’t interfere with the health or respiration of the skin. The molecular size of zinc particles is too large to be absorbed by the skin. Instead, it sits on top and absorbs sun rays, protecting the skin.
Does the zinc oxide give skin a white sheen? - Yes. Living Libations adds botanical pigments, yet the zinc in Everybody Loves the Sunshine Zinc Lotion does give skin from the palest to the darkest tones a white sheen, and as of right now this is unavoidable. Yet, if a person is seeking a skin-wise and natural sun block, zinc oxide is still the very best option.
What about people of colour? - People of colour have used zinc paste for skin protection for hundreds of years. There are beautiful photos of women with darker skin in South East Asia with their faces veiled in white from the sheen of a zinc-rich paste called burak to keep their skin cool. Zinc oxide will create a white or ashy cast on darker skin tones.
Is there a way to minimise the white sheen? - If you are not fond of the sheen or find it tricky to work with, you can minimise the sheen by putting some of the product in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, and then rub it on the face and body. If you still find this unsuitable, you could also add some tint with a bit of makeup pigment that matches your skin tone.
Are there other options? - Yes. You can always use Everybody Loves Sunshine Oil (without zinc) and wear a hat if you need extra shade.
- Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) - Glorious, Golden Jojoba nourishes and conditions thirsty skin. Jojoba has unparalleled ability to moisturise the skin, balance oil production, deep clean pores, and create long-lasting conditioning effects that soften skin to perfect silk. It is packed with peptides and lipids and contains the highest levels of phenolic compounds found in nature along with antioxidants and all soluble forms of vitamin E.
- Coconut (Cocos nucifera) - Pure, virgin Coconut crème becomes a liquid at 24°C. When it comes in contact with a 37°C body, it effortlessly melts into the skin. Luscious Coconut crème eases premature aging and protects and heals dry skin.
- Seabuckthorn Supercritical Extract (Hippophae rhamnoides) - Seabuckthorn sends its lipids deep into the skin, diminishing imbalances from the inside out. This supercritical extract is packed with omega fatty acids 3, 6, 7, and 9, antioxidants, vitamin, palmitoleic acids, carotenoids, and phytosterols. A single drop of Seabuckthorn oil contains 190 different bioactive compounds. This bright orange essence is incredibly regenerative and complexion clearing - relaxing redness and paring puffiness. Seabuckthorn is an excellent addition to cleansers for acne. It helps to harmonise skin with sun.
- Zinc Oxide - Non-nanoparticle, uncoated, pharmaceutical-grade zinc oxide is the purest form of zinc available. The molecular size of these zinc particles are too large to be absorbed by the skin. Living Libations prefers uncoated zinc oxide as this is purer than titanium dioxide and coated zinc oxide is made with a synthetic silicone coating, triethoxycaprylylsilane. Uncoated zinc is known to improve the appearance of age spots and melasma, too.
- Raspberry Seed (Rubus idaeus) - Ravishing Red Raspberry Seed a pleasant parasol on the sun. This special cold-pressed plant oil is lavish in essential fatty acids (linoleic, alpha linolenic, and oleic acids), vitamin A, carotenoids, tocopherols, and tocotrienols. Tocopherols are primarily gamma and alpha tocopherols and are ready to bless the skin with moisturising magic. Lovely to use outdoors, especially for mid-day play.
- Tamanu Oil (Calophyllum inophyllum) - Enchanting Tamanu is a replenishing berry oil that is easily absorbed deep into the skin to keep moisture in and shelter the skin from dryness. Tamanu is said to even skin tone and reduce the appearance of scars. Even for a fatty oil, it has a high (92%!) lipid content. It is also a wonderful ingredient in moisturisers for acne-prone skin.
- Schizandra Berry (Schisandra chinensis) - Used for over 3,000 years as one of the most important herbs in Chinese medicine, Schizandra berry slows signs of aging of the skin. This wonderful berry inspires positivity and energises the spirit. A staple in Traditional Chinese Medicine, these red berries have been used for thousands of years to boost the body’s chi.
- Immortelle (Helichrysum italicum) - Everlasting Immortelle is stellar and shines divine for all kinds of skincare. This fragrant-floral oil is wild-crafted on the island of Corsica where the flowers prosper with ocean breezes and sunshine. The flowers grow at an altitude of 4,000 feet on the rocky countryside cliffs. Immortelle aids in abating the appearance of scars, spots, melasma, redness, and fine lines. This multifaceted gem of an oil is uplifting emotionally as well.
- Carrot Seed (Daucus carota) - Queen Anne’s lace anoints your face with queenly grace. Carrot oil stimulates oil production in pitch perfect ratios, regardless of your skin’s current state. Oily, dry, and combination skin can all benefit from the stimulating, moisturising power of Carrot Seed.
- Rose Otto (Rosa damascena) - Rose Otto offers oh-so-much-more than an ambrosial aroma. It is also the most tonifying of all the rose oils. It is an incredibly elegant and precious essence. It takes sixty roses to make a single drop of Rose Otto essential oil! This regal botanical adds resiliency, elasticity, and moisture to the skin to minimise signs of aging and give the skin a rosy glow. It reduces the look of age spots, and it also smells amazing!
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) - Sacred Frankincense is the pièce de résistance of skincare! It relaxes redness, firms the skin, minimises melasma, and infuses the skin with copious moisture. It’s also wonderful for reducing the appearance of scars and age spots.
- Sandalwood (Santalum album) - Succulent Sandalwood is the perfect antidote for sun drenched skin that is hot and dehydrated. It helps the skin retain more moisture, reduces the appearance of scars and age spots, and clears pores. Sandalwood is an ancient body and face oil beloved as a calming, soothing tonic. The honey-syrup scented essence satiates dry, sensitive skin.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) - Ginger is a hero in our arsenal as it packs an herbaceous punch! Warm and zingy, it energises the skin and assists with easing signs of premature aging by enhancing elasticity and firmness. Diminishes the appearance of melasma and harmonises the skin to those golden rays.
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) - This gentle giant of skincare firms skin, reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks, and is an exceptional toner for acne-prone skin.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) - Lovely Lavender is a gentle-yet-powerful skin tonic that is restorative and calming. It relaxes redness and cools heat. Lavender can be used to improve the appearance of scars, even out skin tone, cleanse acne prone skin, and balance the skin’s sebum levels.
- Sweet Thyme (Thyme linalool) - Sweet Thyme is as strong as it is soft! It contains all the fortifying and toning power of the other types of thyme oils without causing irritation as it purifies pores. It is known to stimulate and energise the body and mind while being mild enough for use on young children and the elderly. Thyme Linalool is lush in linalool and is a treasured ingredient in Living Libations' gentle skincare serums.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) - Treasured Turmeric is a tonic of golden-goodness for skin. Through supercritical extraction, all of turmeric’s lipophilic (oil-loving) compounds are captured from the plant’s roots. This specialextraction process captures much more of the aromatic volatile oils, lipids, and pigments than a typical powdered herb.
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis) - Living Libations' Calendula infusion reveals sunny bright yellow petals packed with positive, potent properties. This infusion harnesses the pleasant properties of marigold petals that comfort and caress dry scalps.
- Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini) - Pleasant Palmarosa is distilled from a tropical, fragrant grass resulting in an aromatic oil that smells like a lemony-geranium-rose and is simply splendid for the nose! This formidable skin rejuvenator is rich in mighty monoterpenols, emollient esters, loving linalool, and generous geraniols. It is packed with beneficial botanical compounds. This potent oil tones and rejuvenates the skin. It is used to support radiant skin and to achieve balance between oiliness and dryness.
- Cape Chamomile (Eriocephalus punctulatus) - Captivating Cape Chamomile exudes a beautiful, fine fruity-floral fragrance that is one of my favorite aromas. Cape chamomile has a high content of rare, nourishing ester and azulene compounds that impart a teal blue hue to soothe all manner of skin imbalances. This rejuvenating essence regulates sebum and softens the appearance of scars, and spots.
Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Cocos nucifera (Coco), Hippophae rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn), Zinc Oxide, Rubus idaeus (Raspberry Seed), Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu), Schisandra chinensis (Schizandra), Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle), Daucus carota (Carrot Seed), Rosa damascena (Rose Otto), Eriocephalus punctulatus (Cape Chamomile), Boswellia carterii (Frankincense), Santalum album (Sandalwood), Zingiber officinale (Ginger), Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium), Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender), Thyme vulgaris linalool (Sweet Thyme), Curcuma longa (Turmeric),Calendula officinalis (Calendula), Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa).
All Living Libations' ingredients are organic or wildcrafted.
Australia Post may be experiencing delays to some areas due to the impact of COVID-19 as a result of limited flights and increased volumes.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during these challenging times for our postal services.
For a priority delivery option, please select Express Post at checkout.
Currently, we are not accepting international orders except for New Zealand.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
› AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
Currently, we are not accepting international orders except for New Zealand.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.