Black Chicken Garshana Dry Body Brush
Brand: Black Chicken
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Garshana is a traditional Ayurvedic technique of self care dry massage, commonly referred to as "dry-brushing", and is used for lymphatic massage to help to stimulate and reinvigorate the skin and lymphatic system, enhance blood circulation, and the release of accumulated toxins.
› Dimensions: 25 cm (L) x 7 cm (W)
Some dry body brushing benefits include:
- Buffs away dry and dead skin cell's on the skin's surface leaving softer, healthier-looking skin
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, improves blood circulation and supports the release of toxins
- Helps to reduce cellulite by breaking up fat deposits
- Firms, tightens, plumps and smooth's skin
- Can prevent ingrown hairs
This Ayurvedic dry-brushing Garshana Dry Body Brush not only feels great but also helps the body rid itself of cellular waste. Garshana directly translates to "friction by rubbing" in Sanskrit. Give yourself a rubdown to experience the combination of a healing massage and thorough exfoliation.
Do you suffer from fatigue, sluggishness, experience physical or mental dullness, constipation, or a taxed immune system? Some visible signs can be your legs and arms can get puffy, and you may find blemishes on the top of your arms and cellulite on your legs as a result.
Dry brushing with this bamboo and sisal brush will help energise the body, increase circulation and blood flow, and stimulate drainage and detoxification from the lymphatic system to smooth skin's surface.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and also the largest organ of elimination so it makes total sense to utilise it as part of our detoxification process. Removing toxins through the skin helps reduce them having to pass through vital inner organs e.g. The Kidneys. (Almost a third of your bodies' wastes can be eliminated through the skin). This gets slower as we get older and dead skin cells build up leaving our skin looking sluggish, dull and rough.
Did you know your skin replaces itself every 35 days so that's almost a new you every month! Imagine the build-up if you don't remove these dead cells! Regular use of Black Chicken's Garshana Dry Body Brush will assist this process and leave your skin soft and smooth.
For added benefits after your shower use your favourite body oil.
The ideal time to dry brush is in the morning before you shower, so that you can rinse off the impurities loosened by the massage.
Dry skin body brushing needn't take long, 5 minutes 2-3 times per week is all that is required. The pressure should be a light yet firm brush upwards towards the heart (downwards from the shoulders). Starting at the feet sweep the brush upward followed by a sweep with your other hand (be gentle at first until your skin gets used to it) work the abdomen in circular clockwise movements and then do the arms, shoulders and back (do not use on the face). You may notice the odd blemish occurring due to the elimination process at the beginning. After your shower do not completely towel dry but allow the moisture to be retained on the skin and seal it with your favourite body oil.
Dedicate at least three to five minutes to brushing.
Follow these steps to perform the Garshana traditional Ayurvedic dry massage:
- Massage your entire body, excluding your face, chest, and heart. Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken or inflamed.
- Use circular strokes on the stomach and joints (shoulders, elbows, knees, wrists, hips, and ankles), and long sweeping strokes on the arms and legs.
- Apply light pressure where the skin is thin, such as the underarms, and harder pressure where the skin is thicker, such as the soles of the feet.
- The direction of the stroke should always be toward your heart as this helps drain lymph back to your heart. Massage from your feet upward, continuing up to your torso and on to your neck. Also massage from the hands to the shoulders. Continue for at least five minutes.
- Complete your Garshana with a shower.
- To enhance the release of toxins, end with a few cycles of hot then cold water. First turn the water to as hot as you can take it for several seconds, then to as cold as you can tolerate, then back to hot, and so on. This will stimulate the blood circulation and further invigorate the skin.
Do not use the Garshana if:
- Have any open wounds
- Your skin is extremely sensitive
- Have a sunburn
- Have inflamed skin
- Have a skin condition like psoriasis or eczema
Made from 100% sustainable harvested Bamboo and 100% Sisal bristles.
Vegan, cruelty free.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 7 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 3 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.