Earthwise Beauty Sungod Face Mask 20g
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Reparative mask for all skin types
› For all skin types, especially mature, with signs of aging, with eczema, and acne-prone. Some individuals are allergic to flower pollen; patch test first.
Sungod was created to feel like a gift to us humble humans from the sun god. It is for the souls who always crave sun rays, who worship the sun's power, and who, during dark winter months, dream about sun-washed beaches and cliffs. Sungod addresses our innate need for the sun and its literal and mysterious healing gifts. The sun nurtures, warms, dries what is damp, and banishes gloomy or depressed moods.
What goes hand-in-hand with a love for the sun, though, are the dangers of overexposure, from sun damage and premature signs of aging on the skin to the risk of skin cancer.
The Sungod mask nurtures with sun-reminiscent and historically sun-associative botanicals (those with a correspondence to the third chakra in the body, the solar plexus), from sunflowers and calendulas to wildflower pollen and turmeric root, and it includes hard-studied anti-cancer plants (maitake and shiitake mushrooms, flower pollen, and goldenseal).
This soft flower-dust of a mask rebuilds skin tissue that is compromised, damaged from environmental factors, sensitized, or unhealthy. The extraordinary range of nutrients in Sungod comes from roots, mushrooms, adaptogenic herbs, leaves, flowers, fruits, seeds, and mineral-rich Celtic salt.
This is not a face mask that offers a quick but ephemeral brightening or purifying effect. Botanicals with the ability to substantially improve skin health and radiance need to be given a proper chance, with frequent applications and time (at least a few weeks). The results you can expect are an improvement in chronic skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and cold-sore outbreaks; as well as faster skin healing and improved elasticity, thickness, coloring, firmness, and resilience (such as a decrease in tendency toward scarring). Mature and dry or dehydrated skin will look revitalized, thicker, and better nourished.
Here are highlights about the key ingredients:
- Wildflower pollen: Bees collect pollen from many flower species flowering at once, so each bit of pollen will have constituents from hundreds to thousands of flowering plants, from trees to herbs and wildflowers. Pollen contains amino acids, enzymes, rutin, phospholipids, vitamins, and minerals. It is antibacterial, antiviral, anti-tumor, and immune-boosting; it is protective against radiation, and it strengthens capillaries. Earthwise Beauty (EWB) buys the freshest wildflower pollen from a trusted artisan beekeeper from California.
- Calendula is Ava's (the founder of EWB) number one skin-healing and skin-beauty plant, hands down. It helps bring every imaginable yet undesirable skin condition to a healthier state. EWB grows most of their organic calendula flowers themselves. Whole flowers are air-dried in soft sun or semi-shade and stored away from light and excessive heat. For this mask EWB takes the dry flower heads and laboriously separate the yellow petals from the green flower sepals, then they mill the petals into a fine powder.
- Comfrey is an important herb for many Western herbalists and flower essence practitioners. Its special gift is tissue regeneration (it is used in various preparations not limited to skin healing, from broken bones to head falls). Calendula and comfrey are also two of the most effective herbs to help skin that is highly sensitive to topical products and ingredients.
- Goldenseal rhizome is the anti-acne component of this mask (along with the raw Celtic salt) with its antibacterial, antiviral, puffiness-reducing, and astringent properties.
- The superfruit pomegranate supplies vitamins A, C, and E and also aids in sun-damage repair.
- The scent of this powder mask is sunny and flower-malty from the calendula flower petals, sweet and comforting from the sunflower petals, and a touch green yet smooth from the comfrey leaves. (Smell the prepared paste, not the powder.) No essential oils have been added. The mask is triple milled into a very fine, soft powder. It turns creamy when you add water.
Sungod is a soft powder mask designed to gradually yet significantly improve the skin over time. With regular use it helps reduce signs of aging and heal scars, eczema, psoriasis, and acne. The powder, a blend of wildflower pollen, shiitake and maitake mushrooms, and calendula and sunflower petals, forms a smooth, creamy paste when mixed with water or another liquid. This mask contains no essential oils but does contain a small amount of clay.
Both Sungod and the other powder-format mask, Catharsis Face Mask, require an extra moment of time to blend the powder with a liquid before using. While Sungod is designed to produce longer-term changes and heal the skin gradually over time, with Catharsis, you can expect immediate results after each use. Sungod is nurturing, while Catharsis is cooling.
For all skin types, especially mature, with signs of aging, with eczema, and acne-prone.
* Some individuals are allergic to flower pollen; patch test first.
1. Measure out 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the powder into a ceramic bowl and mix with a tiny amount of warm water to achieve a paste.
2. Use your fingers to apply the paste in a thin, even layer onto washed, towel-dried skin, leave on for 10 to 30 minutes (mist periodically during rest time to prevent the mask from hardening, if you like), then rinse off. The mask can be used as often as desired.
Excellent as an in-the-shower mask, too. Add 1 to 4 drops of a facial oil or oil-based serum to the paste for a more nurturing treatment. Or add a bit of raw organic honey for an overall beautifying effect, or both the oil and the honey. Replace the warm water with a hydrosol of your choice or the Cistus and Moonlight Face Mist.
Avoid inhaling the powder.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Wildflower pollen, Solum fullonum (multani mitti, fuller's earth) clay†, Calendula officinalis (marigold) flower petals (organic or *), Aloe barbadensis leaf*, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) petals (organic or *), Plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed*, Hydrastis Canadensis (goldenseal) rhizome (responsibly wildcrafted or *), Symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf (wildcrafted or *), Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit juice*, Grifola frondosa (maitake) mushroom (organic or *), Curcuma longa (turmeric) rhizome*, Withania somnifera (ashwagandha) root (organic or *), Lentinula edodes (shiitake) mushroom (organic or *), Celtic salt (France)†**.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
** Nature et Progres certified.
Certified cruelty free, handcrafted, small batch. Contains humanely gathered wildflower pollen collected by bees.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.