Earthwise Beauty St. John's Wort Tea 57g
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Nervous-system supporting whole stem and flower loose herbal tea
› Flavour - Sunny-floral, sweet and green, reminiscent of wildflower honey.
St. John's wort is a beloved herb with a strong resonance in many herbal traditions. This herb was named after St. John the Baptist, whose holiday is on June 24th, according to the Catholic calendar. St. John's wort often blooms around this time of year.
In Europe, it was long considered auspicious to gather St. John's wort on June 24th, and Earthwise Beauty (EWB) also makes a special effort to collect their St. John's wort on June 24th as long as it has begun to bloom by then. (Some of their tea may come from a little before or after June 24th, depending on the bloom times in different meadows.)
EWB hand-collects the aerial parts of blooming St. John's wort, leaving the roots in the earth, and they never harvest the whole patch, leaving some of the flowers to go to seed. They wash and shade dry the whole stems, then cut them into smaller pieces by hand.
St. John’s wort has long been used by herbalists to treat “winter blues” associated with insufficient sun exposure, as well as general depression. It is also often used in conditions of nerve pain, as well as to speed wound healing.
In Eastern European herbalism, St. John’s wort is recommended for a wide range of skin disorders, such as ulcers, eczema, and slowly healing wounds, as well as for bronchitis in both children and adults.
1. Take a small or larger handful and place inside a teapot, tea mug, or French press.
2. Brew using filtered, freshly boiled water.
3. Steep, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes, then strain.
4. Add honey or agave nectar if desired. The same herbs may be brewed a second time.
- Avoid drinking St. John’s wort before intensive sun exposure, as this herb can increase susceptibility to sunburn.
- Avoid if taking mood-altering Western medications or birth control.
- Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless directed otherwise by your healthcare practitioner.
Aerial parts in flower of wildcrafted Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort).
Gluten free. Caffeine free.
Origin - Washington or Idaho, United States.
Earthwise Beauty (EWB) teas are packaged in eco-friendly clear bags made from cellulose, which is a naturally abundant organic material, then in cardboard boxes for shipping. The cellulose used in the bags is derived from renewable wood pulp that is sustainably harvested from FSC-managed plantations. The bags are certified 100% compostable, meaning they can be composted both by individuals at home and in industrial composting facilities, and are marine degradable, which means that, unlike many other "biodegradable" products, these bags can break down not only in landfills, but also in marine environments.
And perhaps even more important than the materials EWB has chosen are the materials that they have opted not to use. Their teas are never packaged in individual tea bags or pouches, which produce an enormous quantity of waste that typically ends up in landfill sites. Most tea bags are made from wood pulp or vegetable fiber that is bleached using potentially toxic chemicals, and contain noncompostable metal staples, and many are lined with heat-resistant polypropylene plastic in order to prevent them from bursting open when in transit or in the cup. This means that even tea bags labeled “biodegradable” or “compostable” will, for the most part, not completely break down in a compost heap. EWB also avoids aluminum tea pouches, which are not compostable, and metal tea tins, which in many cases are not accepted for recycling.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.