Earthwise Beauty Revered Berries Tea 160g
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Fruity, jammy, whole-berry loose herbal tea
› Flavour - Fruity, jammy, and slightly tart; a sweet and sour full-berry flavor.
This berry-focused tea was inspired by Ava's research into adaptogenic herbs (such as the schisandra berry in this tea) that enhance immunity against colds, flu, bronchial infections, and sinus congestion. She set out to create a tea that would be fruity and delicious, effective, and safe for long-term use by children and adults alike. Elderberries were the first ingredient chosen for this tea, because while many people find elderberry syrups or tinctures effective for preventing colds and flu, Ava found that a number of them would prefer elderberry supplements without sugar or alcohol. Earthwise Beauty (EWB) boils their recently harvested, dried, carefully stored elderberries for 15 to 20 minutes to fully extract their medicinal properties, and then add other immunity-supporting berries including schisandra berries, goji berries, and rosehips to make the tea even tastier and more effective.
Read on for a bit more detail about each of the berries in this tea blend:
- Elderberries: Both elderflowers and elderberries have a long history of use in European, Native American, and Western herbalism. Modern research has suggested that elderberries have strong antiviral properties, and in contemporary times we are more aware of elderberries for their use in immunity-building syrups. But traditional herbalists use elderberries for many other interesting indications as well, such for spasmodic cough and for overall balancing of dry and inflammation-prone constitutions. Elderberries are classified as relaxing, soothing, cooling, diaphoretic, blood-building, and immunity-building in herbalism.
- Schisandra berries: This herb is officially classified as an adaptogen according to stringent standards set out by scientists in Russia. (Thousands of researchers at the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of the Physiology and Pharmacology of Adaptation conducted more than three thousand studies on over four thousand plants to identify those with adaptogenic properties.) Adaptogens enable an organism to raise resistance to physical, chemical, and biological stressors. Schisandra is an adaptogen with a calming bent (some other adaptogens are stimulating), and it has myriad other curative properties: it helps with asthma and wet coughs, and it counters an overactive immune response to increase resistance to environmental allergens. It is also one of the premium herbs for increasing low immunity caused by stress or depletion.
- Goji berries: Classified as a tonic herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine, goji berries nurture the liver and kidneys and build blood. They are also recommended for coughs and for increasing longevity, sexual prowess and stamina, physical strength and vigor, and eye and liver health. EWB included goji berries in this tea for their general tonic (strengthening to the physical body, energising) properties.
- Rosehips: EWB chose rosehips for this tea blend because they not only contain vitamin C, but are also gaining recognition of late for their ability to ease depression and light-deficiency winter blues.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, schisandra berry (as well as most other tonic herbs) should not be drunk during the acute stage of flu or cold, especially if there are heat symptoms, such as sore throat, sweating, and fever. It is recommended to drink the Revered Berries tea to build immunity during all other times, but not while actively suffering from cold or flu symptoms.
This four-berry tea is an immunity-building, strengthening, and slightly warming tea for the winter season, for recovery from illness, and for frail or weak constitutions prone to catching cold and flu.
The tea contains elderberries, known for their anti-infectious and antiviral properties; adaptogenic schisandra berries, which promote physical stamina, stress resistance, and a calm demeanor; goji berries, which protect the liver and promote longevity, and flavonoid-rich rosehips, which counter winter blues.
Measure out 2 tablespoons of the berry tea blend, add 2 cups filtered water, cover, and bring to a boil.
Simmer on very low heat, covered, for 20 minutes.
Strain and enjoy throughout the day, 2 cups per day per person. Reserve the berries for a second brew.
On the same or the next day, add 2 cups filtered water, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, a second time for 20 minutes for a second batch of tea from the same berries. Drink hot or warm.
Sambucus nigra (black elder) berries (Croatia)* or †, Schisandra chinensis berries (China)*, Lycium chinenis (goji) berries (China)*, and Rosa canina (rosehips; Chile)* or †.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Gluten free. Caffeine free.
Earthwise Beauty (EWB) teas are packaged in eco-friendly clear bags made from cellulose, which is a naturally abundant organic material, then in cardboard boxes for shipping. The cellulose used in the bags is derived from renewable wood pulp that is sustainably harvested from FSC-managed plantations. The bags are certified 100% compostable, meaning they can be composted both by individuals at home and in industrial composting facilities, and are marine degradable, which means that, unlike many other "biodegradable" products, these bags can break down not only in landfills, but also in marine environments.
And perhaps even more important than the materials EWB has chosen are the materials that they have opted not to use. Their teas are never packaged in individual tea bags or pouches, which produce an enormous quantity of waste that typically ends up in landfill sites. Most tea bags are made from wood pulp or vegetable fiber that is bleached using potentially toxic chemicals, and contain noncompostable metal staples, and many are lined with heat-resistant polypropylene plastic in order to prevent them from bursting open when in transit or in the cup. This means that even tea bags labeled “biodegradable” or “compostable” will, for the most part, not completely break down in a compost heap. EWB also avoids aluminum tea pouches, which are not compostable, and metal tea tins, which in many cases are not accepted for recycling.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 7 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 3 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.