Earthwise Beauty Passion Eye Serum
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Unscented, silky oil for the eye area
› For all skin types, including very sensitive or allergy prone.
› Completely Vegan
Earthwise Beauty (EWB) held off on developing an eye-area product until they found enough superior-quality unrefined oils and butters to allow them to create an eye serum that delivered major hydrating, firming, and nourishing benefits, yet offered fast absorption. A must was a sublime, fine texture.
EWB also wanted a product without essential oils or other potentially sensitizing ingredients for the delicate eye area and definitely nothing heavy to weigh the skin down.
This Passion Eye Serum is a beautiful marriage of amaranth oil (an incredible source of squalene and linoleic acid) and green coffee oil (the number one plant ingredient for puffiness and dark circles) plus a supporting cast of whole-fruit (not just the seeds) rosehip oil, premium grade whole-fruit (not just the seeds) passionfruit oil, seabuckthorn berry CO2 extract, murumuru butter, and more. Zero boring ingredients.
In EWB’s tests they found that the amount of moisture the eye area needs varies widely for different people. For some, no matter what the age, lack of firmness is the top concern—and those unwelcome wrinkles—but the skin is definitely not dry, so a rich product would not be absorbed fast enough. Others have surprising dryness around the eyes. EWB created a hydrating serum that addresses normal to dry eye-area skin types; see directions for use for complementary products to address all your specific needs. Passion Eye Serum purposely creates a very, very thin protective film to prevent moisture loss throughout the day or night.
The scent is very light and comes from the green coffee bean (a light coffee smell mixed with earth and green berries) and murumuru (a brown sugar mixed with fertile soil scent), with a touch of tropical fruitiness from the South American passion (maracuja) fruits.
To address puffiness, Earthwise Beauty uses green coffee bean oil and andiroba oil. And:
- For dark under-eye circles: green coffee bean oil and andiroba oil.
- To firm: seabuckthorn berry, rosehip oil, and andiroba.
- For skin tissue healing: tamanu.
- To contribute phytonutrients and vitamins: green coffee oil, amaranth oil, passionfruit oil, rosehip oil, and seabuckthorn berry.
- For collagen rebuilding: andiroba oil.
- For brightening: rosehip oil, seabuckthorn berry, and passionfruit oil.
- To address dryness: Brazil nut oil.
- To contribute a dose of precious lauric acid: murumuru butter.
- And to penetrate into deep layers of the skin: amaranth, tamanu, and murumuru.
Amaranth oil was Ava's (the founder & formulator of EWB) first choice for this serum for a range of reasons. It is very high in proteins (13%), linoleic acid (49%; extremely important for youthful, wrinkle-free, and acne-free skin, and to heal skin immune disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema), and in squalene (8–12%). Squalene is studied for its effects on signs of aging such as wrinkles, including deep ones, thanks in part to its ability to penetrate very deeply. EWB’s squalene is not a lab-isolated, potentially allergenic ingredient, but a natural part of unrefined amaranth oil.
Amaranth was a sacred grain to the Aztecs and other ancient cultures, revered it for its nutritional value and spiritual healing. Ava sees amaranth as an herb that enables us to surrender to the natural course of events, such as aging. Once we surrender, we are able to relax inwardly and this state of complete self-acceptance, no matter what one's age, will make the person more beautiful, as so much beauty comes from the inner states of calm, composure, confidence, and contentment.
Murumuru butter pressed from the seeds of a palm tree native to the Amazon region (Astrocaryum murumuru), melts instantly on contact with the skin, smells of earth mixed with brown sugar, and contains several amazing nourishing ingredients such as oleic, lauric, and myristic acids. It is lightweight, noncomedogenic, and spreads easily (important on the eye area so we don't have to do any pulling or rubbing).
Each finished batch of Passion Eye Serum is infused with healing-grade gems — raw lapis lazuli, ruby and Brazilian clear quartz — and then placed in EWB’s Pacific Northwest ponderosa pine forest to be charged by earth and moderate sun. Lapis lazuli is cooling and anti-inflammatory, clears mental exhaustion and clutter, and enhances mental clarity. Ruby is skin-rejuvenating and it enhances the healing vibrations of the other botanicals and essences in the product, and clear quartz is universally cleansing and detoxifying.
For all skin types, including very sensitive or allergy prone.
Apply Passion Eye Serum under the eyes morning and night.
› To use as an eye-area mask: apply a more generous amount under eyes and in outer corners; gently wipe off excess, if any remains unabsorbed, after 30 minutes.
› For additional firming and strong de-puffing benefits and if your skin can tolerate carrot seed oil under the eyes: Use Resiliency Face Serum as Step 1 and Passion Eye Serum as Step 2.
› If your under-eye area is very dry or needs extra nourishment: For daytime, use Passion alone and for the night use Passion as Step 1 and then Ferns and Moss Face Serum or Magical Babassu Face Oil as Step 2 (choose Ferns and Moss if skin is mature or dark circles or puffiness are a problem; choose Magical Babassu if dryness or eczema are the biggest concerns).
› For daytime or anytime, if you want an eye care product that absorbs quickly and completely without a protective film: Choose Resiliency Face Serum instead of Passion Eye Serum.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Cold-press unrefined Amaranthus hypochondriacus (amaranth) seed oil*, organic cold-press unrefined Coffea arabica (green coffee) seed oil, cold-press unrefined Carapa guianensis (andiroba) seed oil†, cold-press unrefined Bertholletia excelsa (Brazil nut) seed oil*, cold-press unrefined Astrocaryum murumuru (murumuru) fruit butter†, cold-press unrefined whole-fruit Passiflora edulis (passionfruit) oil*, cold-press unrefined whole-fruit Rosa canina (rosehip) oil*, Hippophae rhamnoides (seabuckthorn berry) Supercritical CO2 Total extract†, cold-press unrefined Calophyllum Inophyllum (tamanu) nut kernel oil* (India), tocopherol (vit. E from non-GMO sunflowers), ruby gem essence, clear quartz gem essence, lapis lazuli gem essence.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 7 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 3 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.