Earthwise Beauty Farizad's Veil Sun Reflector
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Multitasking powder booster to mix with oils and balms
› For all skin types, including acne-prone, combination, sensitive, and mature.
› Completely Vegan
Farizad's Veil is Ava's (the founder of Earthwise Beauty) take on a sun shield formula for the contemporary woman: luxurious, non-pore-clogging, light, breathable, flexible, and with a beautiful, sophisticated natural scent. It is a liberation of zinc oxide from its typically oily carrier medium. Guarding our skin from the sun is so important, but since most of us have a carefully researched and tested skin care ritual for our skin type, we don't want to add a layer of heavy cream into the mix that could clog the pores or feel unbreathable.
With Farizad's Veil, you use your own beloved daytime facial oil and add just a bit of Farizad's Veil powder to it. It mixes right in and offers a range of protection-boosting options depending on how much of the powder you use, without inadvertently adding anything undesirable.
The fragrance and product name were inspired by Farizad, a heroine from Arabian Nights. Determined, a believer in destiny and in her intuition's voice, Farizad had the smile of the rose and cried real pearls!
The essential ingredient here is highest-grade, minimally processed non-nano and uncoated zinc oxide (particle size 325 nm), which is a healthy, safe, and reliable sun shield ingredient (another GRAS option is titanium dioxide, but it does not offer full-spectrum UV protection). Nano particles are controversial, and it remains to be proven whether they are safe for our health, and Earthwise specifically used uncoated zinc oxide as the most unrefined, most natural version (coated zinc oxide means that the particles have been coated with another substance).
Zinc oxide has so many advantages as a sun shield: it can be safely used around the eyes, and it is a physical sun reflector, so it shields immediately after application and makes one feel (a little) cooler when in the sun. It is biodegradable and safe for coral reefs and other marine life (it settles on the sea floor without causing any harm or entering into chemical reactions).
There are several skin care benefits from zinc oxide itself—it can help clarify acne-prone skin, and has cooling, soothing, protective properties. The benefits for acne-prone skin shine if you use zinc oxide in a noncomedogenic, acne-skin-appropriate facial oil or serum.
The second ingredient in Farizad's Veil is pure powdered aloe, which performs many functions here, from moisturizing and minimizing the appearance of skin damage to cooling and soothing. With how many skin care products do you get to wear the actual powdered herbs on your skin all day? That is a mask session in itself. The aloe also softens the stark white color of the zinc oxide, making it less-than-typically skin whitening.
Farizad’s Veil can be used all year long, not only to shield from the sun, but also to soothe skin irritations, reduce the appearance of redness, promote clearer skin, and improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
The scent is very feminine yet assertive (reminiscent of a woman with confidence and trust in her inner guidance): Moroccan roses, precious and rare pink Indian champaca flower (with a tea and honey element), rose geranium, Madagascar geranium leaves, and a delicate frankincense that has an orange undertone and is not the masculine type, yet has an amber-like resin component. As with all Earthwise Beauty's products, all the aroma components are fully disclosed in the ingredients list and are artisan-distilled, small-batch, therapeutic-grade non-photosensitizing essential oils and absolutes, organic or responsibly wildcrafted.
The fragrance will preserve well in the glass container for at least six months. If for any reason you would rather have an unscented powder, leave the jar for a few days with the lid off, just lightly covered with fabric or a paper towel to protect the product from dust.
For all skin types, including acne-prone, combination, sensitive, and mature.
1. Measure out a single-use amount of the powder (1/32 to 1/16 teaspoon) into a ceramic bowl and add from several drops to half a dropper of your favorite daytime face oil or oil-based serum.
2. Mix with your fingertips to create a thin, smooth lotion. Apply onto the skin, rubbing in gently with your fingertips to minimize the whitening effect and to distribute evenly.
3. Add extra drops of your oil directly onto your face if needed to achieve an even distribution. Earthwise especially recommends using Ruby Face Oil to mix with Farizad's Veil, as that oil is lightweight, sun-protective, fast-absorbing, and highly appropriate for daytime use in the summer.
* Caution: Use in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhaling the powder.
* Disclaimer: This product is not a sunscreen.
› For a light-feel, “second-skin” type of sun-ray protector, mix Farizad’s Veil with a light, moisturizing face oil or oil-based serum. This sunscreen will work well mixed with any of Earthwise Beauty’s facial oils and with Ferns and Moss Face Serum, Black Locust Firming Concentrate, Tigress or Yasuni Face Balm. It should work with other brands’ moisturisers if they contain oils, but not with gels or gel-creams. Test a few different addition options and quantities to determine what works best for you. You may even mix Farizad’s Veil with your liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer. For a simple, noncomedogenic, and very pleasing result, try mixing with pure organic cold-press unrefined jojoba or argan oil.
› Since Farizad's Veil is a physical barrier, it doesn't matter whether you implement it in your moisturizer or makeup layer. Zinc oxide offers nice coverage and mattifying properties, so you may find you don't even need to use a foundation with Farizad's Veil.
There is a lot of controversy and often confusing information out there about the effectiveness of different types of sun shield ingredients. Earthwise Beauty takes your health and safety very seriously, and an extensive amount of research went into the making of the Farizad’s Veil formula.
Earthwise's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. Earthwise products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Non-nano uncoated zinc oxide 94% (Canada); Aloe barbadensis leaf powder*, Rosa centifolia (rose) absolute (Morocco; organic whenever available), pink Michelia champaca L. absolute (India)†, organic Pelargonium graveolens (geranium bourbon) oil (Madagascar), Pelargonium roseum (rose geranium) oil*, Boswellia sacra (frankincense) oil†.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
All absolutes are hexane free whenever available.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch. Gluten free.
Australia Post may be experiencing delays to some areas due to the impact of COVID-19 as a result of limited flights and increased volumes.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during these challenging times for our postal services.
For a priority delivery option, please select Express Post at checkout.
Currently, we are not accepting international orders except for New Zealand.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
› AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
Currently, we are not accepting international orders except for New Zealand.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.
My favourite natural sunscreen. It does create a white cast on brown skin so my recommendation is to mix this with an amber coloured balm or oil. I like to use this with Tigress or Ferns and Moss.