Earthwise Beauty Cistus and Moonlight Face Mist 100ml
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Special, multifaceted and unique Cistus ladanifer (rock rose) hydrosol mist
› For all skin types. Noncomedogenic. Nonphotosensitizing.
› Completely Vegan
Cistus ladanifer has been on Ava (Earthwise Beauty Founder)'s radar for many years as it is considered by aromatherapists to be the very best essential oil for skin firmness, yet until recently distillers did not produce cistus (which is a variety of rock rose that grows prolifically in the wild in Spain and Portugal) essential oil, absolute, or hydrosol that smelled appealing. But all of a sudden, Earthwise Beauty (EWB) tracked down an artisan distiller of wild cistus in Portugal whose samples were special. The hydrosol is floral, sweet, rich and full, honey-like, and somewhat resinous in a good way; clearly made with love and care.
The sourcing of this hydrosol is unique in that EWB does not buy it from a supplier web site: EWB buys it directly from the human being who, along with his local helpers, distills the plants. EWB knows for sure, because he told EWB, that they use sickles to cut the stems and leaves of the prolific wild plants (they tried to use a trimmer machine at one time and the cistus plants hated it; they became sad and dry within minutes of harvesting). The distillation takes place in a reconstructed watermill, and they use water from the clean stream in front of it to make the hydrosol.
After EWB receives a new shipment of this "Portuguese beauty water," EWB waits for the next full moon to infuse it under the moon overnight. The moonlight amplifies the healing properties that correspond to the yin, or feminine element. Beauty, female intuition and insight, patience, and gentleness are enhanced.
Cistus hydrosol is recommended for reducing signs of aging, from wrinkles to lack of skin firmness, and is pore minimizing, naturally antibacterial (also anti-viral and anti-fungal), anti-acne, and nurturing, yet non-drying and extremely mild.
EWB has included only minimal additions to the hydrosol in this mist to allow you to savor the scent and the cistus properties. A touch of cold-press organic whole-leaf aloe juice has been added for its skin reparative and cooling properties.
Cistus is also well-known among medical aromatherapists for its ability to staunch bleeding. EWB loves to have this mist on hand (and a travel size in the handbag) in case one of our children has a nose bleed. It works almost instantly (saturate a napkin or a piece of paper towel and press to the nose).
This mist is enriched with several medicinally prepared gem and flower essences, effectively turning it into an aura mist (aura mists are sprayed a few times a day above one's head for emotional and spiritual benefits).
- Rainbow moonstone gem essence: regulates hormones and mood swings, recommended especially for women and for mothers; strongly enhances a woman's yin qualities, especially receptivity and patience. Softens harsher moods. On a physical level, moonstone essence is used for premenstrual and menstrual tension.
- Mangano calcite gem essence: a unique heart-comforting essence for healing a painful past and emotional wounds. Makes one feel safe and loved in the present, no matter what the past was.
- Clear quartz gem essence: clears old, toxic, stale, unhealthy energies. Lifts fatigue and lethargy. Clears the head. Quartz amplifies natural medicines and makes them potent for longer periods of time.
- Alaskan monkshood flower essence: an invaluable essence for people who are shy, reclusive, fearful, anxious, or feeling emotionally weak, small, or vulnerable. Monkshood helps one maintain clear energetic boundaries and eases fears, including irrational fears. Promotes acceptance of one's introverted side.
- Pacific Northwest pink phlox flower essence: enhances one's innate gentleness and sweetness, helps one achieve quiet, lightness, and softening, and promotes blissful sleep.
If you have strong resonance with the above essences, seek them out in addition as flower and gem essences for internal use.
For all skin types. Noncomedogenic. Nonphotosensitizing.
Mist over freshly cleansed skin morning and night, then follow with your moisturizer of choice.
Alternately, the mist may be applied on a cotton round for wiping the face to lightly cleanse and refresh.
If you would like to attune to the vibrational healing elements from the flower and gem essences, spray above your head 3 to 4 times a day and meditate for a moment, if time allows.
Shake periodically to remix. Store away from direct light exposure.
Cistus ladanifer (rock rose) hydrosol* or † (Portugal), cold-press whole-leaf Aloe barabensis juice*, Cistus ladanifer (rock rose) essential oil†, potassium sorbate (natural food-grade preservative), wild Aconitum delphinifolium (monkshood) flower essence, wild Phlox longifolia (pink phlox) flower essence, rainbow moonstone gem essence, mangano calcite gem essence, clear quartz gem essence.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Aloe certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) for purity and content.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch.
If you are wondering which face serum is the right choice for you:
- Choose Nap in the Meadow Serum (aloe-based, barely gelled) if you would like a very hydrating, quenching, and cooling product.
- Choose Resiliency Face Serum (a medium-thickness gel) if you would like an instantly plumping, firming, depuffing, and anti-acne product.
- Choose Cistus and Moonlight Face Mist if you are looking for a hydrosol-based hydrating mist and enjoy dark, honey-like scents.
- Finally, choose On a Swing Serum Mist if you are looking to address signs of skin aging with a dry yet very fragrant serum that is appropriate for even the oiliest skin and for humid climates, and make sure to supplement your routine with other hydrating and emollient products.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Australia Post may be experiencing delays to some areas due to the impact of COVID-19 as a result of limited flights and increased volumes.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during these challenging times for our postal services.
For a priority delivery option, please select Express Post at checkout.
Currently, we are not accepting international orders except for New Zealand.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› AU STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80 (FREE express shipping over $150)
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
› AU EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE express shipping on all orders over $150
- For orders between $80 - $149.99, upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00
- For orders under $80, express shipping is $11.95
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
Currently, we are not accepting international orders except for New Zealand.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.
Love to use this in conjuction with the Catharsis and Sun God masks and even as an everyday toner. It also has a calming effect on me.
A fantastic product that really benefits the skin! Skin is healthful and hydrated every time - this does wonders for your skin.
In love with this mist, firstly a beautiful fine mist that is a pleasure to use. The scent is unusual quite honeyed and resinous, but it really grows on you and I crave its comforting , grounding scent. I find Cistus & Moonlight super hydrated and very balancing and it calms both my skin & my mind. Like all Ava's incredible products this so much more than skincare, a truly nurturing and calming experience for the skin & soul.