Earthwise Beauty Catharsis Face Mask
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
An innovative powder-form face mask
› For all skin types, especially acne-prone, mature, and with rosacea, psoriasis, or eczema.
› Completely Vegan
An innovative take on the powder-form face mask is a healing, hydrating, firming, and invigorating powerhouse blend of just active ingredients: finely milled herbs and green algae.
From the first application, you can expect ultra-clean, breathing skin that is moisturized and energized, yet with its natural protective barrier preserved.
Catharsis is extremely versatile and offers visible, immediate results, even though it is mild, with no essential oils, preservatives, or clays. It has an invigorating, slightly bitter and green scent from the algae, aloe, and neem, and works well when time is limited as an in-the-shower mask. The soft powder has a long shelf life, does not need to be refrigerated, and is easy and exciting to customize by adding a hydrosol, honey, and/or a few drops of facial oil.
While Catharsis is cooling, the other powder-format mask, Sungod, is nurturing. With Catharsis, you can expect immediate results after each use, while Sungod is designed to produce longer-term changes and heal the skin gradually over time. Catharsis is vegan, while Sungod contains humanely-gathered flower pollen.
Aloe leaves (containing naturally active skin-damage-correcting vitamin C), gently dried and ground into a fine powder, are this mask's moisturizing base. The aloe particles are like miniature sponges, waiting to become transformed by water. What happens when you give these cactus sponges water? They re-hydrate, creating waterlogged bits that deliver moisture and gentle scrubbing action for a highly effective cleansing that hydrates with the water and the plant's juices. The intelligence of a desert plant is to hold on to water; in your skin cells, this results in plumped-up, thoroughly moisturized skin.
The Indian neem tree has been revered by Ayurveda for thousands of years and has often been called for to heal and beautify the skin. It is strongly antimicrobial, healing for acne of all types (yet it isn't drying), and its cooling nature is of great help with inflammatory conditions (apparent as redness on the face) such as rosacea. Neem regenerates healthy skin cells and encourages a healthy skin coloring.
Earthwise Beauty's organically grown spirulina and chlorella algae clean the pores, detox, and nourish the skin with their wide range of phytonutrients, from amino acids, B vitamins, and beta-carotene, to vitamin K. Green algae have a firming, cooling, and strengthening effect.
This mask contains no gritty or overly scrubby particles that might scratch the surface of the skin and cause irritation or scars. There is no clay to avoid any drying effects and to make the mask easier to remove, and no isolated nutrients.
There are so many different types of masks, and many have drawbacks: some are drying, some pore clogging, and some contain potentially irritant or allergy-causing preservatives or emulsifiers. Catharsis removes impurities and provides a strong detox and skin brightening effect, but is nonstripping, nondrying, moisturizing, and gentle.
The scent and its aromatherapy benefits: bitter and green, powerfully "re-awakening" to the senses. Allows one to shake off sluggishness of body or spirit, drowsiness, and a spacey feeling. Promotes mental sharpness and focus. (Smell the prepared paste, not the powder.)
For all skin types, especially acne-prone, mature, and with rosacea, psoriasis, or eczema.
Neem is a powerful plant that can send out a message when its healing has been accomplished and it is time to take a break from it: either you may start forgetting to use the mask, or no longer feel drawn to its powers, or, if you overlook the subtle messages and continue using neem religiously, you may even develop a mild rash or itching. If neem tells you that it is time to take a break, heed its advice and switch to a different mask for a while. (This phenomenon happened to Ava's husband on one occasion, and then several years later she read about exactly the same chain of events in a renowned book on the science of aromatherapy, in an anecdote about a different strong antimicrobial, bay laurel.)
1. Measure out ¼ to 1 teaspoon of the powder into a ceramic bowl and mix with a very small amount of warm (not hot) water, adding the water drop by drop, to achieve a paste consistency. Adding a small amount of honey is also recommended.
2. Apply onto freshly washed, towel-dried skin and leave on for 10 to 30 minutes, then rinse off.
3. Also try it as an in-the-shower mask. The mask can be used as often as desired. Avoid inhaling the powder.
› Tips from Earthwise Beauty customers and green beauty bloggers: mist the face with any hydrosol, facial toner or mist, or even just water periodically while the mask is on; this will keep the mask moist. This reduces the drying effect of any mask and enhances the nourishing benefits of the Catharsis Face Mask ingredients.
› For a cooling, detoxing whole-body treatment (particularly recommended during hay fever season or at the end of a hot summer day), use in a shower: separate a small amount of Catharsis into a dry bowl, taking care not to introduce water into the jar, then sprinkle onto a wet natural body brush, rub the powder all over the body, avoiding sensitive areas, leave it on for a minute or a few, then rinse off.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Aloe barbadensis leaf powder*, Azadirachta indica (neem) leaf powder* (India), organic Spirulina platensis powder, organic broken-cell Chlorella vulgaris powder, Citrus sinensis (orange) peel powder*.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, cold process, handcrafted, small batch, no fragrance added.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
› EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- Upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00 ($11.95 total for orders under $80)
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
› WEEKDAY PICKUP (FREE)
- Available from our Melbourne CBD store for in-stock items during store hours.
- You will be contacted via email or SMS when your order is ready to collect.
We also ship world-wide. Please click on the button below for more details.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our generous returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.