Aika Kapha Face Balm
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Kapha Dosha products are mindfully created to be invigorating, detoxifying, enlivening and energising for your skin, body and emotions.
› Use the Face Balm after cleansing and toning your face in your morning skincare routine
› Suitable for Normal to Oily skin type
Enliven your skin to a state of clarity and balance with this ultimate all-you-will-ever-need awakening luxurious creamy balm. You will feel instantly refreshed, clear and smooth as this this regenerative nutrient dense balm penetrates quickly into your skin for deep cellular repair.
Beyond a simple daily moisturiser this intensely refining and nourishing balm lovingly embraces your skin with a potent botanical complex of anti-oxidants, emollients and phyto-nutrients for superior skin health. Its unique triple action provides deep hydration while shielding and protecting your skin from environmental pollution, feeding it with nutrients to strengthen and build its barrier function.
Enriched with Babassu Butter, Hazelnut and Apricot for boosting hydration while regulating oil production, this lightweight, non-comedogenic balm balances your skin for a clear and smooth complexion.
Precious essences of Jasmine, Grapefruit and Ylang Ylang are combined with extracts of Dandelion and Neem to decongest and clarify, refine pores and banish blemishes for incredible softness and lustre.
Dive in deeply to experience the aroma that will delight your senses in the fresh morning light.
Your skin and body have different needs at night to the daytime. This is why Aika has created Dosha specific treatments aligned with the time of day and your body’s needs at that time, enriching their deep healing with holistic morning and evening rituals.
The delicate bonding of organic ingredients helps you to mindfully restore true wellness, as a sacred loving twice daily practice. These rituals are the gift to you to ascend, escape and ultimately find your way home.
The Kapha Balm is the third step in your Kapha Arise Ritual. For true wellness with the deepest commitment, use the Kapha Pure Polish, Tonic and Balm as a collection. As your natural metabolic functions are focused outwardly on protecting your skin from daytime environmental and emotional influences, the Kapha Collection works synergistically to create a deeper, intuitive wellbeing for your body, mind and soul, based on your body’s individual needs.
- Balances and Refines – clarifies and minimises pores and balances the production of sebum while being non-comedogenic to keep skin blemish free.
- Phyto-nutrient rich – boosted with lipophilic (oil soluble) anti-oxidants, vitamins and essential fatty acids to strengthen and repair skin while preventing free radical damage and oxidative stress from the environment.
- Long lasting hydration – assists skin retain optimal hydration by increasing moisture retention and preventing trans-epidermal moisture loss, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and imparting a clear and refreshed appearance.
- Restores & protects – day long comfort and skin barrier restoration and protection against the elements while helping to repair collagen and increasing skin’s elasticity and firmness for a smoother and supple complexion.
- Make up primer – provides a velvety soft, plumped and hydrated complexion that is the perfect base for make-up.
- 100% Active and concentrated – devoid of water, fillers, emulsifiers and thickeners, every single ingredient is active in this waterless formula for incredible efficacy and long-lasting value.
1. Melt a tiny amount (approx. 2 grains of rice size) between your fingers and inhale the enlivening aroma.
2. Massage with gentle upwards and outward movements onto cleansed, moist face and neck after misting first with the Kapha Tonic.
- Mist your skin with the Kapha Tonic before and after application of the Kapha Balm. The Kapha Tonic provides hydrophilic (water soluble) nutrients which help draw in the Kapha Balm which contains lipophilic (oil soluble) ingredients. The Tonic and Balm work optimally to deliver a complete synergy of essential nutrients and keep your skin hydrated and nourished all day long.
- If you have put too much Balm your skin may look extra dewy. If you prefer a more matt look, lightly press over skin with a soft tissue. Use a little less Balm next time, a little goes a long way!
- Blend with powder makeup for a super luxe and polished effect. Perfect for when you don’t want to use water based liquid foundations that have emulsifiers, preservatives and extraneous ingredients but still find powder makeup too drying. This provides the perfect make up finish with day long hydration, minus the chemicals and irritated skin.
Aika believes your skin and body deserve only the best. That’s why purity is essential to Aika and Aika sources the very best certified ingredients from around the world. All Aika ingredients are intentionally chosen based on Ayurvedic principles to purify, restore, rejuvenate and bring radiance to your skin, body and mind.
› Key Ingredients
- Babassu Butter – Cold pressed unrefined Brazilian Babassu butter quickly absorbs into the stratum corneum (top layer of skin) to lock in moisture and prevent trans-epidermal moisture loss. This results in an improved lipid barrier function of skin to make it smoother, softer and healthier. High in essential fatty acids, particularly Myristic and Lauric acid, which have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties for reducing the effects of acne and blemishes. Rich in anti-oxidant Vitamin E and phytosterols for supporting collagen and elastin from free radical damage and help stimulate new collagen which preventing premature ageing of the skin. Babassu is a non-comedogenic lightweight butter that is ideal for protecting and nourishing oilier and more reactive skin types.
- Apricot Kernal – An ancient fruit indigenous to Armenia and the Himalayas the apricot is considered to promote longevity and health. The cold pressed unrefined oil of apricot kernel is an emollient full of essential fatty acids for deep dermal nourishment. It is a silky, lightweight oil that is quickly and deeply absorbed into the skin. It is rich in Vitamin A which helps repair the cellular structure of skin by building collagen and reduces pigmentation. It contains a large proportion of Vitamin C and E for powerful anti-oxidant support to assist neutralizing free radical damage.
- Dandelion – Named after the leaves’ resemblance to lion’s teeth ‘dent de lion’, dandelion is a bitter green rich in Taraxacin, and considered in Ayurveda to be a blood and liver cleansing herb that pacifies Kapha and Pitta. Rich in minerals particularly Potassium, its diuretic properties help eliminate metabolic waste and reduce acid and toxin build up to reduce skin blemishes, acne and eruptions. Dandelion is a rich source of Vitamin A, K, anti-oxidant Vitamin C, and the B group, all important in maintaining healthy tissue and skin.
- Grapefruit – With an uplifting aroma with bright citrus notes Grapefruit is a natural anti-depressive and stress relieving plant essence that increases mental focus and clarity. Its anti-bacterial properties help fight the bacteria that causes acne while reducing excess oil in the skin. As a diuretic and powerful lymph mover grapefruit helps reduce the effects of fluid retention, cellulite and puffiness.
› Full Ingredients
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Orbignya oleifera (Babassu butter), Prunus armeniaca (Apricot kernel oil), Corylus avellana (hazelnut oil), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera), Hippophae rhamnoides (seabuckthorn CO2), Taraxacum officinale(dandelion), Azardirachta indica (neem), Citrus paradise (Grapefruit), Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang), Cedrus atlantica (Cedarwood), Jasminum grandiflorum (Jasmine).
* Store below 25C in a cool and dry place out of direct sunlight. Use within 6 months of opening. Patch testing before use recommended.