Earthwise Beauty Yasuni Face Balm
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Perfect for summer and throughout the year, a lightweight nourishing balm that is great for oil control, blackheads and smooth skin.
› For all skin types, including blackhead-prone, congestion-prone, allergy-prone, and sensitive.
› Very lean antioxidant and enzymatic balm without any essential oils & Completely Vegan
As soon as Earthwise Beauty (EWB) launched their first face balm, Tigress, requests poured in for more face balms for more skin types, especially a balm without essential oils that would be appropriate for very sensitive skin. Ava (the formulator and founder of EWB) had been immersed in a self-imposed plant butter study for two years by then, so creating a second balm was a matter of narrowing down the list of remarkable ingredients EWB already had on hand, and creating a focus for this new balm.
Yasuni is based on fruit oils that have particularly high and wide-ranging phytonutrient levels and enzymatic action. This balm works similarly to a retinol on the skin, exfoliating and resurfacing it, but with none of the irritation, redness, or peeling often caused by actual retinol products. It is also an ideal balm for healing acne and reducing blackheads and oil production.
Yasuni is named after the Yasuni National Park in Ecuador. Not many people outside of environmentalist circles have heard about this rainforest, but it is one of the most precious natural reserves still left on earth. Many scientists believe that is it the most biodiverse place on the planet, with record numbers of animal and plant species per geographic area. The story of the Yasuni rainforest is heartbreaking, because oil drilling has begun there despite the region's ecological importance. There is currently insufficient international support to help the government of Ecuador to maintain this natural reserve intact. EWB hopes to raise awareness about this area so that we are all reminded to make purchasing and lifestyle choices with our planet in mind.
Yasuni is, believe it or not, one step lighter than even the Tigress face balm. As mentioned above, the star feature of this balm is its enzymatic mild exfoliation from fruit oils alone. The açai oil exfoliates and resurfaces the skin similarly to a retinol product, but being a fruit oil, it doesn't over-exfoliate or cause redness or intense peeling. Even more retinol-like action is supplied by the buriti oil, which is exceptionally high in betacarotenes. The enzymes keep sebum oil production in check, so oily skin types become more balanced and are not shiny at the end of the day, and the appearance of blackheads is greatly reduced over time.
The deep green, whole-fruit açai fruit oil EWB has sourced is also the acne sufferer's dream come true: this very light, extract-like oil heals and dries up acne due to its enzymes and high vitamin C content, and unlike most other effective acne ingredients, it is non-irritating. The açai oil's anti-acne action is supported by the astringent kokum butter (cold extracted from mangosteen kernels), which helps to minimize pores, speed healing of acne breakouts, and promote skin firmness.
A few plant butters and other oils worth highlighting are the hydrating marula oil and cupuaçu butter, firming tucuma butter, deeply penetrating bacuri butter, sun-damage-correcting raspberry oil, and revitalizing cranberry oil.
At first impression, Yasuni smells lightly fruity from the raspberry and cranberry oils, but there is also the grown-up element of freshly picked green coffee beans, and hints of fertile soil from the bacuri and of desert wind from the kokum butter.
A very light, berry-like, and non-lingering scent overall.
EWB currently offers three face balms, which are all quite different from one another.
- Yasuni is one step lighter; it is a very lean antioxidant and enzymatic balm without any essential oils. Yasuni controls oil production in oily skin and decreases and prevents blackheads, while providing a high dose of antioxidants. Its enzymatic exfoliating properties help resurface the skin in a way comparable to retinol, but without causing redness, irritation, or intense peeling.
- Tigress is a medium-weight to light "dry" balm for normal and combination to acne and oily skin types. It is healing to skin disorders such as rosacea, and it contains several anti-acne yet non-drying ingredients.
- Green Leaves is a "juicy" type of balm that was designed for dry and mature skin with acne. It heals acne breakouts with lemon thyme while preventing acne scars. Its base is melt-on-contact anti-inflammatory and hydrating virgin coconut oil, and the scent of Green Leaves is just irresistible: violet leaf, holy basil, and French lavender.
For all skin types, including blackhead-prone, congestion-prone, allergy-prone, and sensitive.
- Oily, blackhead-prone, and combination skin types will benefit from the oiliness-reducing properties.
- Dry skin types can use Yasuni as an overnight enzymatic exfoliator or as their light summer moisturizer.
Yasuni also makes a medium-weight firming daytime moisturizer with a few drops of Ruby Face Oil or Magical Babassu Face Oil added to it and blended briefly in a ceramic bowl (choose Ruby if your skin is normal to combination, and choose Magical Babassu if your skin is dry).
Apply day and night all over the face or just on the more oily, acne-prone, and blackhead-prone areas.
- Yasuni may be blended with the Farizad's Veil Sun Reflector to add sun protection and to mattify the skin.
- Yasuni may also be blended with a few drops of a facial oil of choice for a looser, juicier balm.
- Your balm may melt in transit, so open the jar carefully upon arrival. If it melts partially or completely, place it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes (just until it solidifies; don't leave it there for too long because then it tends to crack), then store at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Texture changes in 100% natural vegan products are natural under fluctuating temperatures, and do not in any way affect the product's performance or shelf life.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Cold-press unrefined Theobroma grandiflorum (cupuaçu) seed butter†, cold-press unrefined Garcinia indica (kokum) seed butter†, cold-press unrefined Platonia insignis (bacuri) seed butter†, cold-press unrefined Astrocaryum tucuma seed butter†, cold-press unrefined Euterpe oleracea (açai) fruit oil†, cold-press unrefined non-GMO Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil (organic whenever available), cold-press unrefined Rubus ideaus (raspberry) seed oil*, cold-press unrefined Coffea arabica (green coffee) seed oil†, cold-press unrefined Sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil*, tocopherol (vit. E from non-GMO sunflowers), cold-press unrefined Mauritia flexuosa (buriti) fruit oil†, Sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit extract.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
› EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- Upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00 ($11.95 total for orders under $80)
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
› WEEKDAY PICKUP (FREE)
- Available from our Melbourne CBD store for in-stock items during store hours.
- You will be contacted via email or SMS when your order is ready to collect.
We also ship world-wide. Please click on the button below for more details.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our generous returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.