Earthwise Beauty Mountain Black Tea 71g
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
Rich, smooth, malty whole leaf black tea from Jingmai mountain, Yunnan
› Flavour - uncommonly rich, broad, smooth, and sweet
› Ingredients - whole large leaves of Camellia sinensis from tea trees over 500 years old. Fermented 80–85%. Gluten free.
Many customers come to Earthwise Beauty (EWB) in search of healing for skin issues that have plagued them for years. EWB offers many topical products to address acne, eczema, rosacea, and other skin concerns, but based on their experience with herbs and their use in Western and Chinese traditions, they introduced teas to help heal and beautify the skin from within.
EWB is an advocate for replacing coffee with a healthy alternative: caffeinated tea. So they began their search for a higher-caffeine, traditionally handcrafted black tea. Some of the world's top black teas come from the Yunnan province in China.
Chinese teas can be made from tea trees that are cultivated or wild, and each approach has its advantages and a different impact on the flavor. EWB was very intrigued when their Chinese tea purveyor presented a Yunnan black tea to them that is made solely from tea leaves collected from ancient wild trees all growing on one mountain, the Jingmai. The trees are said to be at least 500 years old.
This single-origin approach produces a tea that is truly unique, based on the microclimate on that mountain and on the traditional processing technique of the region. It is a whole leaf tea made from large, mature leaves. The Jingmai tea's flavor is exceptionally rich and malty. It is wonderful when brewed strong and served with milk and honey, or can be brewed weaker and still make for a delicious beverage.
Tea is considered the most important herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the only one that should be consumed daily. It is believed to have a balancing effect on the body and mind.
Whereas coffee dehydrates the body and stimulates the adrenal fight-or-flight response, therefore depleting the adrenals and accelerating aging, this tea calms the mind and is believed to actually increase longevity. Black tea and other fermented teas are recommended by Chinese herbalists to detoxify the skin from within, and to clear problems such as rashes and eczema.
1. Measure out ½ to 2 tablespoons of tea leaves (4 to 5 grams per 12 fl. oz/354 ml of water) and place inside a teapot or tea mug.
2. Brew using filtered, freshly boiled water (the ideal brewing temperature for this tea is 195 degrees F/90 degrees C). Steep, covered, for 1 to 3 minutes only (experiment), then strain.
3. Add a sweetener of choice and milk if desired.
4. The same tea leaves may be brewed up to five times, for the flavor and antioxidants (subsequent brews contain much less caffeine than the first brew). Add one extra minute to the second brew, and one more extra minute to the third brew, etc. To learn a brewing method that results in a tea with very little caffeine, look up the Gong Fu Cha method.
Great to know...
› If pregnant or nursing, consult your health practitioner regarding consuming caffeinated beverages.
› Earthwise Beauty hand-packages each batch of tea in clear bags made of natural cellulose. The bags are made from wood grown in sustainably managed plantations and are certified compostable and recyclable.
› If you plan to use your tea over a period of time longer than one year, store it in an airtight glass or porcelain container away from light exposure.
› Freshness guaranteed for 12 months. Full size 2.5 oz. (71 g).
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80
- Flat rate standard shipping of $9 for orders under $80
› EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- Upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00 ($12 total for orders under $80)
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
› FREE 1 HOUR CLICK & COLLECT
- Available from our Melbourne CBD store for in-stock items during store hours.
- You will be contacted via email or SMS when your order is ready to collect.
We also ship world-wide. Please click on the button below for more details.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our generous returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.