Earthwise Beauty Ambrosia del Cerrado Liquid Moisturizer
Brand: Earthwise Beauty
Or make 4 interest-free payments* of
with More info.
* Available for total spend over $80
The mysterious Ambrosia del Cerrado Liquid Moisturizer, with an irresistible guava-plus-citrus scent, feels like applying yellow dewdrops that are fully charged with unrefined, whole-food (not isolated or factory-produced “nature identical”) nutrients from the superfood buriti, pequi, and moringa oils.
› Suitable for all skin types
› Completely Vegan
Earthwise Beauty’s (EWB) idea was to create a formula with that would be truly nourishing, yet ultra-light and breathable at the same time, to deliver lots of moisture without a waxy or overly emollient feel. This format is very appealing for the times when the skin is dehydrated but you don't want oil or an emulsion (lotion or cream) on your face because you prefer a lighter feel. By light, it doesn’t mean “just a little bit effective”: this moisturizer is highly effective in what it is designed to do; you will be amazed by how much and how quickly your skin can absorb in each single application.
A Portuguese name was chosen for this product to draw attention to the Cerrado area in Brazil, as this beautiful savanna is considered the biologically richest savanna in the world by the Word Wide Fund of Nature. EWB wants to shine a spotlight on areas of the world that are overlooked or insufficiently known about by the Western world, and that need our attention to protect their natural environment and biodiversity.
EWB also wants to support the indigenous populations of these regions so that their livelihoods will be rewarded and appreciated, and their culture will be respected and protected. To that end, EWB chooses fair trade ingredients from these regions, extracted sustainably by small cooperatives using their traditional tools of choice, and EWB has chosen some of the product names and designs to provoke the customers’ curiosity about these areas, their natural bounty, and their peoples.
Despite its deceptively light feel, this moisturizer is deeply hydrating and nourishing. The carefully-sourced oils chosen for this formula include:
- Hand-extracted pequi fruit oil: from the cerrado savanna in Brazil: This unique extract-like oil is rich in vitamin C, betacarotene (which the body converts to vitamin A), and vitamins B1 and B2, all promoting firm, supple, even-toned skin.
- Buriti oil: Also from Brazil, which is highly praised for anti-aging results and for improving the appearance of brown spots and scars.
- Moringa pod oil: which further aids moisturization and delivers an incredible range of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients (too many to list all of them here, but for starters, it contains betacarotenes, several B vitamins, selenium, and zinc).
EWB finds that skin care products are amazingly skin-compatible with minimal risk of allergic reactions if the vitamins and minerals are included in the form of pure, fresh plant oils, rather than vitamin powders that come in a plastic bag from a cosmetics ingredients supplier.
There are no fragrances added to this formula, not even essential oils, to allow the unique fruitiness of the pequi fruit to come through. Moringa oil provides a complementary green note.
For all skin types.
Acne-prone, combination, sensitive, and oily skin types can enjoy hydration without the risk of breakouts or the oily or waxy feel of moisturizers that are too rich for them.
Dry and normal skin types will benefit from the nutrients and hydration when using this potion as the first step, before applying a richer cream or facial oil.
Shake often to remix. Apply generously onto freshly washed face or over your aloe-based serum of choice. Most skin types will benefit from following immediately with an emollient moisturizer, facial oil, or balm.
Ideally REFRIGERATE to protect freshness and enhance the cooling, refreshing, and depuffing properties.
EWB's small-batch, organic skincare is based on alive, unrefined, plant-based ingredients. EWB products are properly and adequately preserved with high-end natural cosmetic preservatives, but they are not overloaded with them. So, here is our suggestion:
- Order only as much skincare at a time as you hope to use within 3 - 6 months
- Store the skincare products you use daily or almost daily at room temperature (even better if you are willing to store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months)
- To avoid microbial contamination, reach into the jars with freshly cleaned, dry hands or use a clean, thoroughly dry scoop. Always close the lids and caps tightly.
- Protect all products from excessive heat. Shake the closed bottles periodically to mix.
Cold-press whole-leaf Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, cold-press unrefined Caryocar braziliensis (pequi) fruit oil†, cold-press unrefined Mauritia flexuosa (buriti) fruit oil†, cold-press unrefined Moringa oleifera seed oil† or *, Sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit extract, polysorbate 20 (naturally derived), tocopherol (vit. E from non-GMO sunflowers), potassium sorbate (natural food-grade preservative), xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vit. C), citric acid.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
Aloe certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) for purity and content.
EWB polysorbate 20 is carefully sourced and naturally derived (from cornstarch). According to the MSDS sheet (Material Safety Data Sheet) EWB received from the manufacturer, there are no impurities or hazardous components in this ingredient. EWB uses polysorbate 20 in minimal amounts (0.5–1.5%) to emulsify essential oils and carrier oils into an aloe base. Emulsifying of essential oils is important to prevent "pockets" of essential oils in a product, which could potentially be sensitizing. EWB is aware of recent concerns over the purity of polysorbates available on the market and are currently testing other naturally derived alternatives.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch, no fragrance added.
For Australia, we offer both standard and express post options with Australia Post. We dispatch within 1 business day from our Melbourne store.
› STANDARD POST
- Approx. 2 - 6 business days depending on location in Australia
- FREE standard shipping on all orders over $80
- Flat rate standard shipping of $8.95 for orders under $80
› EXPRESS POST
- Approx. 1 - 2 business days depending on location in Australia
- Upgrade to Express Post for just $3.00 ($11.95 total for orders under $80)
- Not available for nail polishes/removers and perfumes - flammable by air
› IN-STORE PICKUP (FREE)
- Available from our Melbourne CBD store for in-stock items during store hours.
- You will be contacted via email or SMS when your order is ready to collect.
We also ship world-wide. Please click on the button below for more details.
We want you to love our products as much as we do! If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We are here to help and your happiness is our priority!
We always aim to provide the best online shopping experience. In the rare case that you wish to return the product for any reason, we will happily refund the purchase in line with our generous returns policy below:
- You must contact our customer service team within 30 days of receipt of product to authorise a return. Please click HERE to contact us.
- Products you wish to return must be unopened and in original condition.
Once we receive and successfully review the returned products, we will refund you the original purchase price of product returned. We will also refund you the shipping cost of the initial delivery to you if the goods were faulty, damaged or incorrectly shipped.
For more details, please click on the button below.